Vital Services Group has long viewed the preservation of the environment as a core management responsibility. Our efforts are guided by the Vital Environmental Statement and extend to all aspects of our business operations. In order to ensure effective management of its activities with the potential to affect the environment, Vital commits itself to:
* Being aware of how its activities and services impact upon the environment, and is committed to comply with relevant environmental legislation and regulations and to other requirements to which the organisation subscribes.
* Continual improvement of its environmental performance by building environmental considerations into its decision making processes and methods of operation, to minimise environmental impact by the prevention of pollution and to the protection of pollution and to the protection of employers / neighbours equipment and property from dust / debris.
* Adequately limit and control the emission of smoke, fumes, odours, and dust for the protection of all persons whether or not employed on the works.
* Setting and publishing a clear set of environmental objectives and targets to ensure continual improvement in its environmental performance and to monitor results to ensure that targets are met.
* Ensuring that all Vital activities and services, giving rise to significant environmental effects, that all sites are covered by this policy and that the policy is implemented, maintained and communicated to all employees.
* Communicating this policy and the environmental objectives to its customers and the general public.
* Requiring its suppliers and contractors to have a proper regard for the Vital Environmental Policy for the goods and services they provide.